Monday, August 18, 2014

Bubble; Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty

A little break from the Alice books for a bit, and back to the world of adult thrillers. Anders de la Motte finishes up his Game trilogy with "Bubble". It was really great, I loved the ending and how he tied it all up in a way that was deeply satisfying and still made sense. HP is determined to bring the Game Master down, but who can he trust? Even his sister, Becca, appears to be in on it, working for Tage, whom HP suspects is the mastermind behind everything. Becca is researching things on her own and discovers just how far back and reaching the Game goes--even her long dead father was a part of it.



I like Diane Keaton a lot. I enjoyed her first memoir, and her second, "Let's Just Say it Wasn't Pretty", was good, too. In this one, Diane examines beauty and what makes us think things are beautiful. She also talks about her own insecurities with her looks, which surprised the heck out of me because I always thought she was so beautiful (she still is) and of course I was wicked jealous because hey, Woody Allen. God, the crush I had on him 20 some years ago!! Anyway, I like how she knows she's not perfect and doesn't try to be, and encourages the rest of us to do the same and enjoy what makes us different. I will try :)

No comments: