Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Holy Cow

I have a confession: I had such a *huge* crush on David Duchovny when I was a kid and he was on the "X-Files" (I just dated myself). I tried to watch him on "Californication", but oh my gosh, that show is a little too much for me. At any rate, I read his fiction title "Holy Cow". It was super cute, a quick, fun, light read. Elsie the cow has figured out that the people on the farm are raising her to be food. Which is disgusting! (I agree, Elsie. This is why I am vegan). Elsie makes plans to flee to India, after seeing on the humans' TV that cows are sacred in India. A pig who calls himself Shalom and a turkey named Tom want to join her, Shalom wants to go to Israel, since they don't eat pork, and Tom wants to go to Turkey because hey, come on, they can't possibly eat turkeys in Turkey, right? They do manage to make it overseas, hilariously, and have some fun adventures, but they end up coming back home to America, deciding that because they are animals, they should enjoy the life they have and the part they play in the circle of it. Aww...sweet. But still, don't eat animals. It's sad.

No comments: