Friday, May 22, 2015

Day Shift; Howard the Duck Omnibus

Charlaine Harris's sequel to "Midnight Crossroad", "Day Shift", was light and quick, one of those books you can read while distracted and still get enough of it to understand. Manfred, the physic, is giving a reading to a client when she dies. Her crazy son accuses Manfred of stealing his mother's jewels. The residents of Midnight come up with some plans to help clear Manfred's name. Quinn, the weretiger from Harris's Sookie books, makes an appearance, as does telepath Barry. I'm sure there will be more in this series, as she hinted to many residents' secrets.



The "Howard the Duck" omnibus was great fun. I especially liked the earlier ones. The series completely went off the rails, but I enjoyed it. Howard is a talking duck with arms instead of wings who fell through a time hole and ended up on Earth. Cleveland, to be exact. He does the best he can to get along in this strange world, but he keeps running into villains and victims. This book is also a great example of why I love libraries. It sells for $99 dollars, so it's not a book I would ever buy for myself, but I'm glad my library owns it and I got to read it.

No comments: