Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hilarity Ensues; Got Milked?

I didn't mean to reread the whole third book by Tucker Max, "Hilarity Ensues", I just flipped it open and thought "Oh, I'll read a bit to cheer myself up" and ended up laughing myself silly through the whole thing. Even though I've read it all before, I still have a good laugh every time I reread it. Oh, Tucker. I'm glad, for the sake of humanity that you've grown up and mended your ways, but I am sorry there will be no tales of wild debauchery. He does have such a gift for storytelling.





Could there be any two books more different? "Got Milked?" by Alissa Hamilton was mostly preaching to the choir: I've been vegan for over three years now, and honestly think dairy is worse than meat (not that I don't occasionally cheat and have pizza, I didn't say I was a *good* vegan). It's astounding how much misinformation is out there about how good dairy is for you, despite all the evidence to the contrary. The dairy farmers of America are a wealthy and powerful group of people. It's a damn shame.

No comments: