Friday, November 20, 2015

Brady vs. Manning; Ghostly

Football books! Whoo hoo.
I don't like Tom Brady. I don't like Peyton Manning. I used to, until he started crushing all of my Brett's records. Jerk.
Anyway.
Still, Myers makes an interesting argument that neither one of them would probably be as good as they are if it hadn't been for their intense rivalry spurring them on. I can see that. I can also point out that Brett didn't need a rival to make him great :)
And Brady is a misogynistic pig. Early on in the book he's talking about a night when he and his wife Giselle were hanging out with Peyton and his wife Ashley, and Brady says they're "talking about whatever wives talk about..." and goes on to say, basically, that their lives pretty much revolve around their husbands and they have nothing else going on.
I would love to know what his supermodel wife thinks about *that*. Ashley Manning for that matter, too.
It was an interesting book all the way around and I enjoyed it.
Go Packers!! :)


I love ghost stories, and this collected edited by Audrey Niffenegger was really great. There were some old classics in here by Poe and Kipling, as well as some I'd never heard before. I really loved Neil Gaiman's "Click Clack the Rattlebag". That one was particularly brilliant.

No comments: