Monday, November 30, 2015

X Files FAQs; Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

I think I found someone who's a bigger X Files fan than I am :) John Kenneth Muir strenuously defends the series' later seasons and second film, which critics universally panned. I personally liked the second film (Mulder and Scully in bed together!! That kiss!!!) and enjoy many episodes from the last two seasons after David Duchovny cut back on his appearances, but not many people do. Muir went over some of the better episodes from each season (it's so hard to pick, there are so many good ones) along with discussing some of the backstories and personalities involved with the show. It was great fun and I'm DEFINITELY ready for January 24th :)



Three novellas set 100 years before the events in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series, all featuring a hedge knight named Dunk and his squire, Egg. Egg is of course Aegon Targaryen, nephew to the King, but he keeps his silver and gold hair shaved off so no one can guess his true identity. Dunk and Egg have some fun adventures, coupled with beautiful illustrations, made this a nice, quick read while I wait (impatiently, I might add) for the next installment. I do hope we get more of Dunk. Later, though. Like after Ice and Fire is finished :)

No comments: