Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pride and Prejudice; Beatrice and Benedick

I went to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and it put me in the mood to reread "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, which I did, and also thoroughly enjoyed :)









I picked up Marina Fiorato's "Beatrice and Benedick" because of the cover (spoiler alert: sometimes I *do* choose books by their cover. Shhh, don't tell anyone). I read that it was about Shakespeare's sparring lovers from the play "Much Ado About Nothing", which I've read and enjoyed, so I was looking forward to this one. It was quite good, I really liked it. Beatrice and Benedick have wonderful repartee, much like Darcy and Elizabeth in "P&P", and reading the two back to back was very fun. She did a beautiful job with the characters and the setting, it just dragged in the middle when Beatrice and Benedick were separated.

No comments: