Thursday, March 17, 2016

Everything, Everything

I really enjoyed Nicola Yoon's "Everything, Everything". I'm a sucker for a YA book with a happy ending, I halfway wasn't expecting it, although I did guess the main twist ahead of time. It was nice to be right!
Maddy has a very compromised immune system and hasn't left her hermetically sealed house since she was a tiny baby. She doesn't remember what it was like to be outside. She only knows the world through all the books she reads. Then one day a new family moves in next door, with a teenage boy named Olly. They start emailing and instant messaging, and Maddy is desperate to meet him. Her nurse Carla finally arranges it and before Maddy and Olly can help themselves, they've fallen for each other. Hard. Maddy soon grows frustrated with her restrictive life. It was really sweet and I liked both Maddy and Olly very much.

No comments: